* If you have not registered for login and/or logged in yet, please Register for Login here and/or log in first, you will then be able to fill in the Request for Proposal Form.
* And if you need more information on how to become a Presenter / Speaker at the OD World Summit, simply read on, the deadline for submitting your Request for Proposal Form is 15th of April 2010.
Who Are We and Who Are We Looking For?
As a global gathering ODWS 2010 aims to connect people from different cultures and countries and to engage them in a joint dialogue about the future of organizations and our profession. Our keywords are:
Non-conventional organizations, cross-fertilization and global impact.
Now, ODWS 2010 is seeking for
Why join ODWS 2010?
The ODWS 2010 initiative is a truly global and unique joint effort of OD practitioners, management consultants, practicing leaders, founders of successful businesses, academics, and social workers to explore and promote new ways of co-operation and human resource development. This is going to be a very special occasion to share your thoughts, approaches, practices and stories with a unique mixture of professionals and clients, and get feedback or ideas from them.
What does the Conference design look like?
I. We have created parallel sessions to meet the different and wide-spread needs and timely interests of our audience.
Requested topic areas of parallel session:
Please see our definition of Non-conventional organization on the website: http://odworldsummit.org/en/nco.html
For more information on all the above topic areas please see ODWS2010 webpage.
Sessions may utilize a single presenter or multiple presenters. If type 3 session is selected from the above list, at least 2 of the 3 abovementioned role should co-present (e.g. researcher and consultant or client and consultant, etc.)
In all of the above 4 cases, presentations may break into new grounds and provide new learning opportunities and take-away ideas for the participants of ODWS 2010. It is preferable if, within the given time frame of the presentation, there is adequate possibility for lively interaction with the participating audience.
II. At ODWS 2010 Conference we truly believe in ‘praxis’, i.e. the necessary integration between ‘theory’ and ‘practice’. Therefore we also seek for OD scholars whose preferred way of ‘praxis’ is to write an academic paperand present it for an audience of ‘reflective practitioners’ from other organizations and communities.
Papers might address:
Who should submit their proposal?
ODWS 2010 invites seeks corporate practitioners, consultants, academic researchers from different industries, non-profit arenas and academia.
We strongly promote a diverse faculty.
How to Prepare and Submit Your Proposal
What happens after submission? – the Review Process
All proposals undergo a review process by a selected committee. The goal of the review process is to ensure that proposals are well-grounded, original/novel, fit to the conference main themes and valid i.e. supported by any practice or empirical evidence (so attendees will be able to make good use of it).
For different type of proposals different review processes will be applied
Review Criteria for parallel sessions and other sessions/programmes
- Contribution and Benefit. A proposal must fit into ODWS 2010 conference framework and should make a clear contribution to the field of organizations.
- Proof of performance. To benefit from the session, conference attendees should be able to make use of its content with confidence. Thus, it is recommended to provide proof of working practice and past performance and to share implementation experiences.
- Originality/Novelty. The content should build on the presenters’ own work and experience.
- Interactivity. Adequate time is planned for lively interaction with the participating audience within the given timeframe.
All proposals should include written statements of intended outcomes or objectives for each session. These should be proportionate and realistic for the length of the session.
Review criteria for papers
All proposals must be clearly and concisely written in international English.
Deadline of Application
15th of April 2010
Presenters will be notified of acceptance or rejection by 15th May, 2010
Later, the primary presenter (or other assigned contact person) of an accepted proposal will receive information about the next steps.
At the Conference
Presenters will present their work in a scheduled session. They will be informed of date and time of their presentation after the notification of the acceptance of their proposal.
We ask presenters not actively sell their products/services during presentations.
Technical support and equipment for the presentation will be provided by ODWS 2010; however presenters are encouraged to bring their own laptops for their presentation if possible, as ODWS 2010 may not be able to provide computer support.
After the Conference
Your presentation will become and remain accessible to visitors of ODWS 2010 webpage and readers of post conference brochure and will form a part of the ODWS 2010 Digital Library. Content of ODWS 2010 Digital Library will be available for anyone interested.
Our aim is to video record all the sessions, so they can be accessible for those who could not participate. If you do not want your session to be recorded please mark No on ODWS2010 session template during proposal submission process.
Papers Publication Plan
1. All accepted abstracts will be included in the Conference proceedings with ISBN.
2. You are invited to submit a full paper version of your presentation, and a selected number of papers are to be published in the planned following publications:
§ Special Issues in various international and Hungarian journals (to be named later)
§ Summit Handbook
3. Video publication of the recorded presentations.
To be able to fill in the Request for Proposals Form, please log in to our website, and come back here! (if you don't have a login name yet, register for login ) Don't forget the deadline: 15th of April 2010.
Thank you for sending your proposals, we are very much looking forward to read them!